Addressing the demand for skilled nuclear technicians in a systematic, standardized way.
Welcome to RCNET.
The Regional Center for Nuclear Education & Training (RCNET) is a National Science Foundation Advanced Technology Education Center (NSF-ATE) focused on developing and sustaining a highly technical and skilled nuclear technician workforce pipeline for the nuclear fields of energy, environmental management, life and plant sciences, and nuclear processes in manufacturing.
RCNET is housed at Indian River State College but is a consortium of 91 industry, 55 academic, and 15 agency partnerships across the world. We serve the nuclear industry as a training resource, curriculum repository, and source of expertise, while improving communications and collaboration across the nuclear industries. Learn more about becoming a partner.
Nuclear Technician Graduates Per Year
Areas of Focus.
- Help produce 10% of the United States Clean Energy
- Over 7,000 Job Openings by 2030
- $54,000 Average Annual Starting Salary with 2 YR Degree
- Careers in mechanical, electrical, instrument & controls, and radiation protection
- Partner employers include Exelon, NextEra, Southern Company, and many more
& Plant Sciences
- Help create the medical isotopes that save lives
- Over 3,000 job openings by 2030
- $47,000 Average Annual Starting Salary with 2 YR Degree
- Careers in radioisotopes manufacturing, calibration, and hot cell operations.
- Partner employers include Monsanto and NorthStar Medical.
- Help clean up and monitor the 2,000+ nuclear sites around the United States
- Over 40,000 job openings by 2030
- $43,000 Average Annual Starting Salary with 2 YR Degree
- Careers in radiation protection, deactivation and decommissioning, and environmental monitoring.
- Partner employers include Oak Ridge, Savannah River, and Idaho National Labs
- Help manufacture, install and maintain radiological equipment like MRI machines.
- Over 11,000 job openings by 2030
- $50,000 Average Annual Starting Salary with 2 YR Degree
- Careers in manufacturing, installation, and repair.
- Partner employers include Remetronix, GE, Goodyear, and Siemens
Among many other resources, students will find soft skill material to help one prepare for a nuclear career, internship opportunities, and links to RCNET Linkedin platform.
For K-12 Teachers
Add nuclear lectures to your classroom! This section includes a host of fun activities and labs to introduce nuclear science and nuclear careers to your students. Plus, find out how to get a guest lecture from industry, agencies, or academia for your classroom.
For College Faculty
For Industry Partners
RCNET has proudly served the nuclear industry since 2011.
RCNET has been the imagination for the nuclear workforce pipeline. By creating products that speak to today’s youth —products that have gone viral and products that can be used by industry and colleges across the nation — RCNET has maintained a sustainable workforce pipeline.
RCNET's Resources to Support Continutity During COVID-19
Join our critical group of training and industry experts.
Contact us to learn more about becoming an RCNET Partner.